After 120 hours of testing, mowing and doing other things we are now convinced that the Murray 42 in. 17.5 HP is the best riding lawn mower in 2019.
For research purpose we read reviews from PopularMechanics, SmartHome Guide & Consumer Reports and consult experts.
After doing that we consider 27 lawn tractors, and reviewed 13 riding lawn mowers. After that we have this list of 7 best lawn tractors.
So, Let's dive right in:
- PUSH/PULL COMBINATION: Convenient push or tow-behind design provides versatility for rolling tight areas or larger open spaces. Perfect tool for erasing lawn damage from moles and frost, or packing down loose dirt, seed, or sod.
- 28 GALLON CAPACITY: Sturdy roller holds up to 28 gallons (270 lbs) of water or sand and is both light enough to push through the yard and rugged enough to withstand towing behind a tractor.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Sturdy poly roller drum won't dent or rust, and resists weather damage for use season after season. Measures 24" in width.
- FASTER FILLING: Includes fill opening with extra-large diameter to expedite filling and emptying of the drum. Can be easily filled with a garden hose. NO HASSLE STORAGE: When you're finished rolling your lawn, simply drain and hang this compact roller in your garage or shed to occupy minimal space. Empty roller is lightweight for easy transport.
- AVOID LAWN DAMAGE: The rounded drum ends help avoid damage to your lawn during turns, while the metal scraper bar above the drum keeps the roller free from debris while rolling.UNIVERSAL HOOK-UP: A single, heavy-duty universal hitch pin is included to easily attach the roller to any rider or tractor and most any ZTR or ATV.
- 48" weight tray holds up to 70 lb. for improved thatch removal.
- 24 heat-treated spring tines provide durability.
- 7" x 1.5" semi-pneumatic tires allow for smooth transport.
- Simple-to-use cantilever transport handle for easy raising and lowering.
- 3 Year Limited Consumer Warranty; Made in the USA with some foreign materials
- Durable poly 18-inch long and 24-inch wide roller drum
- 250-pound weight with water; lightweight construction allows for easy transporting or storage
- Made of smooth-finished plastic for even and consistent flattening; poly drum resists rust
- MAXIMUM THATCH REMOVAL: 40" working width and 2 rows of 10 independently flexing spring steel tines comb through a lawn, lifting thatch up and out of the lawn where it can be mowed or mulched to promote a healthier root system
- MULTIPLE SETTINGS FOR DIFFERENT TASKS: Brinly's Dethatcher can be set to work as a straight dethatcher (tines comb the grass, flicking up thatch) or in a more aggressive mode where the tines scrape and scarify the soil as they pull up thatch - useful for re-seeding projects. Place the Dethatcher in transport mode for crossing drives and walkways
- LONG-LASTING CONSTRUCTION: All steel design with heavy-duty tray holds up to 70 lbs of additional weight (for aggressive operations). Tines are made of durable spring steel; in the unlikely event of a breakage, a safety rod is included to catch the tine and prevent contact with mower blades. No flat rubber-tread transport wheels for durability
- EASY-TO-ENGAGE TRANSPORT WHEELS: The engagement lever, conveniently accessible from the driver's seat, lowers the 6" never-flat transport wheels when crossing sidewalks, driveways, and paths
- SPRING STEEL TINES: 20 long-lasting, triple-coil strength 3/16″ diameter spring steel tines stay flexible and guarantee performance. Tines come pre-assembled to the tray
- (10) Galvanized steel tine stars inhibit rust and penetrate the soil up to 2 inch
- Durable steel tray holds up to 110 pounds of extra weight for proper soil penetration
- Universal hitch pin design easily attaches to most lawn tractors
- With the Hi-Hitch, a regular riding mower can be transformed into one of the handiest tools ever for pulling small trailers.
- Whether you're hauling off trash on a utility trailer, bringing up firewood or just positioning your ski boat in your garage, the Hi-Hitch gets the job done!
- The Hi-Hitch is braced and positioned perfectly at just the right height to keep trailers level and well-balanced.
- With super-strong aircraft aluminum construction, the Hi-Hitch provides a lot of "horsepower" with very little weight added to the machine. Installs in easily and accepts all conventional trailer-hitch balls.
- Hi-Hitch Model LNPHH650
- MAXIMUM THATCH REMOVAL: For larger mowers and lawns, a 48" working width and 2 rows of 12 independently flexing spring steel tines comb through a lawn, lifting thatch up and out of the lawn where it can be mowed or mulched to promote a healthier root system.
- IDEAL FOR LARGE YARDS: Wide 48" working width is perfect for larger mowers or bigger greenspaces - covering more ground for quicker results.
- LONG-LASTING CONSTRUCTION: All steel design with heavy-duty tray holds up to 100 lbs of additional weight (for aggressive operations). Tines are made of durable spring steel; in the unlikely event of a breakage, a safety rod is included to catch the tine and prevent contact with mower blades. No flat rubber-tread transport wheels for durability.
- TRANSPORT WHEELS: 8" never-flat transport wheels are located behind and in-line with the tray to minimize footprint width and facilitate leveling.
- SPRING STEEL TINES: 24 long-lasting, triple-coil strength 3/16″ diameter spring steel tines stay flexible and guarantee performance. Tines come pre-assembled to the tray.